Wednesday, December 23, 2009




My Journey To Compete 2010 USAPL Meet

2009 has been a very successful and promising year. My personal training business has grown rapidly and I’ve competed in one figure show and two power lifting meets. The most recent was an IPA meet in October where I did the push/pull division and dead lifted 307lbs and benched 180lbs. I was extremely pleased with my numbers and post meet took about a month off from heavy lifting and put some energy into refocusing and planning. It didn’t take long for me to get the itch to compete again. So I thought it would be fun to chronicle my journey to my next big meet in March. I have big hopes for big numbers and I am determined to do it. You want to know how a Strong Girl train’s, supplements and eats’? Wait no longer….





Goals:
Squat 250lbs
Bench 200lbs
Dead lift 325lbs
148lb weight class 100% Raw



15 weeks out:
I’m nervous about lifting heavy again since I hadn’t really squatted for six months and my last dead lift was in October. So, my rationale is to ease into it the first week and then dive in the following week when my coach has my new program. I’m also going home for 9 days during Christmas so I will be training at the local gym. I’ve been supplementing with Cytonox/Cytocell by Cytogenix (thanks to Malcolm for letting me try theseJ) pre and post workout to enhance recovery. I use glutamine, fish oil, B-Complex, multi, and drink at least a gallon of water a day. As far as nutrition, I’ve been trying to resist holiday temptation and maintain until January when I will go into a consistent keto diet where I will gradually lose some body fat. My goal is to drop a weight class for this next meet. Get stronger and leaner is possible! Below is some sample workouts from the last two weeks. My coach Chris “Ox” Mason (East Coast Barbell) is wonderful and knows exactly how I respond to training.

Week One (easing back into it…)
#1


Squat
95lbsx15 warm -up
135x5
135x5
155x5
155x5
155x5

Glute Ham Raises

4sets/10
w/ blue miniband
Leg Curls
70X10
30mins incline tread
10% incline

#2 Bench
95lbsx10
135x5
135x5
145x3
145x3
Rock & Roll (Tri's)
20x12
3 sets
Lateral raises
15x10
3 sets
Spud Abs w/straps
85x10
4 sets


#3 East Coast Barbell with coach
Squat
155x3
155x3
165x3
185x3
185x3


Speed Bench
95x10
135x3
135x3
145x3
145x3
Speed DL w/mini's
95lbx1 with blue minibands
*accommodating resistance
First time trying this, very difficult for me but about halfway through I finally started to lock out and utilize my glutes to follow through which has been my weakness.
Glute Ham Raises w/mini
10/4 sets


Conditioning Workout w/Josh my fighter friend
5 prowler pushes with 90 lbs
50 tire flips
5 sled pulls
plyo pushups
5 sprints
box jumps


Workout #2 w/Josh
Timed 2 min rounds
step ups
sledge hammer abs
resisted sprints with partner
plyo pushups w/medicine ball
medicine ball throw/catch

Week #2 (Home visiting in WA)
Speed squats 135x3
M-E Bench 140x5
M-E Bench 185x5
Wood chops
Leg Curls (no glute ham raise at this gym)
20 mins step mill intervals

I’d love to hear comments and questions about my blog as I progress throughout this training cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment